Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Recipe – Chickpea Salad
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA SALAD RECIPE
COURSE: ADULT SNACK, APPETIZER, SALADCUISINE: AMERICAN, MEDITERRANEAN, VEGETARIANKEYWORD: BALELA, CHICKPEA SALAD, SALADPREP TIME: 15 MINUTESRESTING TIME: 30 MINUTESSERVINGS: 12CALORIES: 118 KCALAUTHOR: KELLIE
Simple, fresh, healthy and delicious! This easy Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is quick and easy to make. So perfect for picnics and potlucks!
- 1 15 ounce can Chickpeas rinsed and drained well
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans rinsed and drained well
- 1 English Cucumber Chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint optional
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the chickpeas, black beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, parsley and mint until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, zest and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Cover the salad and transfer to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad can be made up to 5 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Nutrition FactsMediterranean Chickpea Salad RecipeAmount Per ServingCalories 118Calories from Fat 108% Daily Value*Fat 12g18%Saturated Fat 2g13%Sodium 267mg12%Potassium 122mg3%Carbohydrates 4g1%Fiber 1g4%Sugar 2g2%Protein 1g2%Vitamin A 445IU9%Vitamin C 7.5mg9%Calcium 22mg2%Iron 0.4mg2%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.